A brief update for July 1:
- The contractor will not be on site this Saturday, July 2nd
- The site will be closed on Monday, July 4th
- Whitwell Street:
- Work to extend the sidewalks along Whitwell Street is underway. This includes temporary sidewalk detours and installation of temporary crosswalks. The construction fence was relocated to roughly the location of the existing shoulder and will remain there throughout the course of the work. The MBTA bus stop has been shifted down toward Adams Street near 80 Whitwell Street.
- Jersey barriers and scrim are installed along Whitwell Street and will improve dust control.
- Building A:
- Roofing is now complete
- Interior plumbing, fire protection, and insulation is ongoing
- Window installation is ongoing
- Building B:
- Wood framing is now complete
- Interior plumbing and insulation are ongoing
- Underground excavation and plumbing are ongoing
- Roofing is expected to begin next week
- Building C:
- Excavation for Building C is expected to begin next week
- Building D:
- Wood framing is ongoing
- Administration Building:
- Exterior waterproofing and masonry are ongoing
- Interior concrete slab cutting is now expected to be complete next week
- Restoration work continues
- Loop Road
- Loop road and site paving is underway. This will increase the amount of contractor parking available onsite and will reduce dust issues.
For construction-related questions or concerns, please call our “construction hotline” at (617) 890-9430.
As always, if you or any of the members of the community have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or text 617-890-6372.
Please visit our website, www.114whitwell.com, to review previous updates, to find construction-related contact information and subscribe to these emails.