We hope this note finds you well. We continue to move forward with the redevelopment project as planned and wanted to share the latest projected milestones.
Thank you to everyone who took time out of their evening to virtually meet with us a few weeks ago, and a special thank you to Councilors Liang and Phelan for coordinating and moderating the meeting. We were pleased to provide an update on the Ashlar Park project progress which included:
1. Reducing bedroom count by 20 units
2. Eliminating the 6th floor of the tallest building
3. Increasing setbacks along Roselin Ave. & Whitwell St. property lines
We greatly appreciate the feedback we received and are looking forward to our next meeting.
UPDATE ON THE STEWARD HEALTH CARE CLOSURE:
Steward Health Care has permanently closed its satellite Emergency Department at 114 Whitwell Street, the former Quincy Medical Center. FoxRock continues to maintain the site, providing security and management oversight and will continue to communicate with the neighborhood as we approach the start of demolition.
Ashlar Park | Timeline:
- Early 2021: Start demolition of the existing buildings
- Mid-2021: Start vertical construction
- Late 2022/Early 2023: We currently anticipate that the first apartment building of approximately 150 units will begin leasing
- Early 2023: The first building will open, including the renovated Administration Building, which will include the the Leasing Center and a significant portion of the project’s amenities
- Early 2024: We anticipate the final phase of construction will be completed
As we get closer to demolition, we will be sending out weekly updates like this one, which will outline project schedules and all expected activity on-site.
We are committed to keeping the lines of communication open throughout the entirety of this project. If you or any of the members of the community have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to also forward this notice to friends and neighbors. They can subscribe to future updates below.
The FoxRock Properties Team